Skip Hire Terms
Our vehicles have entered the customer’s property by Invitation. Ground Skips Ltd will accept no liability. For any subsequent damage caused to drains, pathways, driveways, gates fences, trees, etc.
Customers are to ensure that the skips are not overloaded. Overloaded skips shall have waste removed, by the customer, from the skip to ensure the load is within legal limits.
The customer shall allow the equipment to be safely placed and collected, and provide any necessary protection measures to prevent damage to existing surfaces.
The customer is fully responsible for the skip from the time it has been delivered up to the time it is collected. The customer shall fully indemnify us in respect of any claims for injury to persons or property arising out of the use of the skip.
Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any loss or damage caused to the skips whilst on hire.
The hirer shall fill the skip within the period of hire and shall inform the owner in good time of its readiness for collection or replacement. Periods in excess of 14 days casual hire, a charge may be made for each week or part thereof.
The following waste is acceptable in our skips and will be processed at our Waste Transfer station
- Hard Core
- Fittings (non-electrical)
- Packaging (including cardboard, plastics, polystyrene
- Soil (not contaminated with asbestos or oil)
- Solidified paint
- Computer Towers
- Computer Screens
The following waste materials must not be placed into our skips and cannot be accepted for disposal
- Household Batteries
- Liquids (Hydraulic Oil, Engine Oil, Cooking Oil)
- Clinical Waste (Medical Waste of any kind)
- Compressed Gas Cylinders/Bottles (Full or Empty)
- Vehicle Batteries
- Solvents (Such as Paint & Glue)
- Other Chemicals (Processing Fluids, Bleach, Detergent)
- Domestic waste such as food and food packaging